In the dynamic world of online marketing, two strategies reign supreme: Search Engine Optimization and Social Media Marketing. As intertwined as they may seem in the digital marketing landscape, a question remains — Should you entrust your SEO agency with SMM too?
SEO and SMM — Two Sides of the Same Coin?
SEO is a strategy aimed at enhancing a website’s visibility on search engines by incorporating relevant keywords, link-building, and improving website structure. Social media marketing, on the other hand, represents procedures designed to drive traffic and engagement through social media platforms.
While both leverage online algorithms to elevate a brand’s digital presence, they require distinct expertise. For an SEO agency to excel in social media marketing, understanding its bountiful nuances is pivotal.
The Perks: Why Consider Your SEO Agency for SMM and Vice Versa?
- Leveraging Synergy in Strategies – A joint SEO and social media marketing agency can create harmonized campaigns, considering SEO keywords when curating social media marketing content and driving social media backlinks to enhance SEO. Establishing a seamless connection between the two can streamline your overall digital marketing strategy.
- Simplified Communication – Having one agency overseeing your SEO and social media marketing eliminates the need for coordination between two separate entities. It provides a single point of contact, facilitating a more efficient communication process.
- Potential Financial Leverage – Consolidating services might allow financial negotiations and potentially reduce costs, as you’re using the same company for multiple services.
The Pitfalls: When Trust Shouldn’t Extend To SMM
- Limited Expertise – Adeptness at SEO doesn’t automatically confer proficiency in social media marketing. Social media requires real-time engagement, compelling visual content, an understanding of trends, and platform-specific tactics, which might be beyond an SEO agency’s skill set.
- Diverging Focus – SEO agencies might prioritize SEO efforts given their primary expertise. This could lead to an insufficient focus on social media marketing, causing a subpar or misguided social strategy.
The Middle Ground: Key Considerations for The Decision
The decision to allow your SEO agency to handle social media marketing depends on the agency’s track record, its understanding of your brand, and its ability to meet your unique needs.
- Prioritize Portfolio and Proven Track Record – Ask for a portfolio showcasing the agency’s SMM experience. Their success stories and client testimonials can provide valuable insights into their skills and competency.
- Request a Tailored Approach – Every platform and every brand requires a tailored approach. Ensure that your agency presents a comprehensive understanding of your brand and a social media marketing strategy that truly fits it.
- Secure Continued Support and Flexibility – Ensure your agency can provide real-time content monitoring and responses, content updates, and the flexibility to adapt strategies as per your evolving brand requirements or social media dynamics.